Considerations for Foundation Preparation
- The foundation should be built on plains usually with a ground endurance of 8000kg/m2. It should be 100mm high above the ground with minimum embedment depth of 1000mm.
- The foundation made of 300m3 concrete can be molded by a single casting. The construction should comply with the corresponding construction specifications and test standards.
- The anchor bolts should be embedded in strict accordance with the marked size. The absolute value of positive and negative errors should not be more than 1.0mm. The 6 anchor bolts adopt Q235 steel.
- The antenna should be installed with reliable lighting protection facilities.
- The foundation should be installed firmly with a pull resistance of no less than 16 ton/m2, and a horizontal force resistance of no less than 8 ton/m2.
- If the foundation is built on the top of a building, the anchor bolts should be welded firmly with the reinforcing steel bar of the building beam. The thickness of the foundation in this case can be 400 - 500mm.
- In the areas frequently visited by hurricane or typhoon, the depth of the foundation can be up to 1500mm and it should be reinforced with bar-mat and welded firmly with the anchor bolts.
- The foundation can be molded into a whole body. If a split one required, mold it according to the size as shown in Figure 1.
- First, check the built foundation to make sure its azimuth approximates the azimuth of the satellite to be pointed to, so that the adjustment of the azimuth will be easier.
- Install the pedestal onto the foundation by putting it vertically on the foundation with preinstalled bolts going through the corresponding holes at the bottom and fastening the nuts. Make sure the pedestal is perpendicular to the ground. Refer to Figure 3 and Figure 4 for this procedure.
- Install the azimuth actuator. Please note the azimuth adjusting screw has been preinstalled on the pedestal.
- Install the elevation adjusting screw for the elevation actuator.
Installing Pivot Body
Installing Radial Girders
Installing Reflector Segments
Installing Circular Girder-Pull Rods
Installing Sub-Reflector and Support Struts
Installing Feed and Feed Sleeve
- Embed the flange block in the rotating polarization device into the notch of the connected circular waveguide.
- Connect and Secure the two flanges together by inserting the bolts and fasten the nuts, as shown in Figure 10.