Anda sering bertanya : Kenapa asyik kene isi minyak je ? Kenapa minyak laju macam air terjun pengantin sahaja? Kenapa kereta dah kuat makan minyak? Kenapa kereta ekonomi dah tak ekonomi lagi? Kenapa Rita Rudaini mahu berpisah? Yang last tu, gua yang tanye. Kenape!? Kenape!?
Jawapannya seperti di bawah :
1) Kereta anda memang kuat makan minyak.
Kalau anda pakai kereta american muscle berinjin rotary, jangan la nak bandingkan penggunaan minyak macam pakai kereta kancil. Tidak logik sama sekali.
2) Anda bawak kereta macam orang gila.
Asik nak tekan minyak je, memang la habis cepat minyak tu. Cuba ubat tabiaat buruk itu pula. Mulai hari ni, tekan hon sahaja. Hon takkan habis, minyak pon jimat.
3) Cara mengisi minyak yang salah.
Ini yang gua nak tekankan hari ini. Teruskan membaca. Komen gua dah disablekan. Gua siap translatekan dalam dwi bahasa lagi.
1. Fill up your car or truck in the morning when the temperature is still cool. Remember that all service stations have their storage tanks buried below ground; and the colder the ground, the denser the gasoline. When it gets warmer gasoline expands, so if you're filling up in the afternoon or in the evening, what should be a gallon is not exactly a gallon. In the petroleum business, the specific gravity and temperature of the fuel (gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, ethanol and other petroleum products) are significant. Every truckload that we load is temperature- compensated so that the indicated gallonage is actually the amount pumped. A one-degree rise in temperature is a big deal for businesses, but service stations don't have temperature compensation at their pumps.
// Isi minyak kereta di pagi hari masa suhu masih sejuk sejuk manja.
2. If a tanker truck is filling the station's tank at the time you want to buy gas, do not fill up; most likely dirt and sludge in the tank is being stirred up when gas is being delivered, and you might be transferring that dirt from the bottom of their tank into your car's tank.
// Jangan isi minyak masa lori minyak tengah top-up minyak kat stesen minyak.
3. Fill up when your gas tank is half-full (or half-empty), because the more gas you have in your tank the less air there is and gasoline evaporates rapidly, especially when it's warm. (Gasoline storage tanks have an internal floating 'roof' membrane to act as a barrier between the gas and the atmosphere, thereby minimizing evaporation).
// Isi minyak masa tank minyak tinggal separuh. Ingat, separuh.
4. If you look at the trigger you'll see that it has three delivery settings: slow, medium and high. When you're filling up do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to the high setting. You should be pumping at the slow setting, thereby minimizing vapors created while you are pumping. Hoses at the pump are corrugated; the corrugations act as a return path for vapor recovery from gas that already has been metered. If you are pumping at the high setting, the agitated gasoline contains more vapor, which is being sucked back into the underground tank, so you're getting less gas for your money. Hope this will help ease your 'pain at the pump'